Re: PRIORITY extension

In message <CAOdDvNoc+2FPNTh_SRsf1gc1jMk40MyXHpOB_+eP+QyxoybiPg@mail.gmail.com>, Patrick McManus
writes:

>The whole point of h2 is a prioritized, muxxed protocol with improved
>connection handling.

I'm sorry to be pedantic about this, but that's not even close to
what our charter says.  It may be a _way_ to fulfill the charter,
but it is not "the whole point".

I support moving prioritization to an extension, for the simple
reason that a lot of uses will not need prioritization at all and
because I have not seen credible evidence for the quality of the
proposed scheme.

Making it an extension means we don't have to finish it at the same
time as the base HTTP/2 spec, and that we can replace it with
something better later on.