Re: Large Frames, Continuations, Flow Control, and changing HPACK

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com> wrote:
>
>> To be clear, the proposal is:
>>
>> 1) Remove the reference set from HPACK (use "Linear-H")
>>

> +1; Kazu's data convinces me entirely.
>

>> 2) Increase the frame size to 16-bits
>>

> +1 to increase the size.  I would support going larger; the artificial
> limits never provided value in SPDY nor H2.  I liked Greg's proposal
> generally.

Just chiming in to note that this statement is factually incorrect, since
Patrick identified several instances where serialization latency of large
DATA frames was substantial. You can subjectively say this is little value,
but saying it has no value is simply false.