Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem

Le Mar 1 juillet 2014 08:30, William Chan (陈智昌) a écrit :
> Try not to be too combative here :) I specifically caveated CONTINUATION
> with an "If we think servers need to at least be able to support reading
> continuation frames." In this thread, I'm not trying to debate the
> controversial stuff. I'm just trying to get a list of the stuff we have a
> relatively strong consensus around and how we keep those usable.

Well speaking as an intermediary operator here, your list of "healthy"
things to do just about convinced me http2 is going to be a major mess
with some actors gaming the system just because they can, and I'd be
better off blacklisting it wholesale rather than pay people to understand
the security implications of those games.

Security is expensive
Complexity is expensive
Most of us do not have Google's budget to play with those
When your Internet flows have more operational consequences for your
employer than a skipping youtube video you do not play those games.

http1s MITM looks better from an operational POW every day.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot