Re: draft-montenegro-httpbis-uri-encoding

On 22 Mar 2014, at 3:00 am, Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. The issue addressed by Gabriel's draft seems to be in the scope
> of HTML, not HTTP.
>
> And even if some kind of mechanism of declaring query encoding becomes
> official, any intermediary relying on it will have a bad time.

Reading this thread, I was starting to think the same thing.

In particular, this seems like something that needs to be coupled to *where* the link originates; e.g., a browsers’ behaviour for a link from an address bar is likely to be different than that from an ‘a’ tag, and even again different from a JavaScript-generated link.

Gabriel, have you brought it up over at the W3C or in the WHATWG?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/