Re: Support for gzip at the server #424

Le Lun 17 mars 2014 09:45, Amos Jeffries a écrit :
> On 17/03/2014 9:20 p.m., Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>
>> Le Ven 14 mars 2014 18:06, Patrick McManus a écrit :
>>> receiving chunked requests is not supported with a high enough
>>> certainty
>>> that anyone yet wants to send them in a generic web context.
>>
>> Also chunked is useless in an anti malware context. You need to
>> reassemble
>> the chunks at the intermediary level because typical av only works on
>> full
>> files
>
> Chunked is hop-by-hop anyway so in theory it has to be reassembled and
> re-chunked regardless of the scanning.
>
> Also, some AV are already on the way towards being stream processors due
> to ICAP. Not there yet to my knowledge but getting somewhere close and
> this would be another incentive to correct that file fixation.

I would love to hear about those unicorns if they ever materialize. I sure
could use a lot of them. AV ICAP systems seem stuck in the past, ours
can't even process a basic eclipse download from three years ago right now
(too many levels of imbricated java archives, too many small files)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot