Re: Support for gzip at the server #424

On 17/03/2014 9:20 p.m., Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Ven 14 mars 2014 18:06, Patrick McManus a écrit :
>> receiving chunked requests is not supported with a high enough certainty
>> that anyone yet wants to send them in a generic web context.
>
> Also chunked is useless in an anti malware context. You need to reassemble
> the chunks at the intermediary level because typical av only works on full
> files

Chunked is hop-by-hop anyway so in theory it has to be reassembled and
re-chunked regardless of the scanning.

Also, some AV are already on the way towards being stream processors due
to ICAP. Not there yet to my knowledge but getting somewhere close and
this would be another incentive to correct that file fixation.

Amos