Re: feedback on draft-nottingham-httpbis-alt-svc

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:41:24 +0000
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 6 March 2014 11:48, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, it depends on the schedule for the document as compared to http/2 and
> how we tie up other aspects, I guess..

Unless we want to rewind on some of the decisions we've made, I only
see two options:

1. Make Alt-Svc a normative reference of HTTP/2, effectively including
its contents by reference, much as we are doing with HPACK.
2. Inline Alt-Svc.

In both cases, we don't get to publish HTTP/2 until Alt-Svc is done.

I know that we are trying to ensure that inlining doesn't happen, but
I think that in this case, there is an advantage to it.