Re: "Secure" proxies for HTTP URIs [was: new version trusted-proxy20 draft]

From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:38:42 +0100
To: "Peter Lepeska" <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Cc: "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Le Lun 3 mars 2014 14:57, Peter Lepeska a écrit :
> Thinking on this a bit more I realize that there is no need to redirect in
> the case that I am describing where the proxy is in path and already sees
> all traffic.

Actually the general case is that the proxy is not in path. If this case
is specified cleanly then an in-path proxy becomes just an out-of-path
that happens to be located in-path.

And I'm not sure it will be worth adding the complexity of a different
optimised in-path variant if out-of-path is good enough for everyone.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot