Priorities, draft -10 and our next implementation draft

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:14:43 +1100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
We discussed priority levelling <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/270> in Zurich, and decided there to take Roberto's "Weighted Dependency Tree" approach.

However, discussion on the list since has moved on to other proposals, especially Osama's: <http://www.w3.org/mid/f2d284792b50431685dc551141945bec@SN2PR03MB046.namprd03.prod.ou>

It's not clear to me that we have consensus on one approach here yet.

We also said that we'd put out another Implementation Draft before London, but with the date fast approaching, we need to either choose one quickly or defer the Implementation Draft.

Unless we converge in the next day or so, I think Martin should ship a draft -10 with the "vanilla" priority field as before, and we can discuss this issue in more depth in London (presumably shipping an implementation draft shortly thereafter).

Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/