Re: HPACK padding

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 10:03:09 +0900
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
2014/02/08 2:46 "Martin Thomson" <martin.thomson@gmail.com>:

> I'm going to do this.  If I hear screams, I have the power to back out
> the relevant commits.

How about put pad_high and pad_low right after frame header for HEADERS
frame? The padding is to a frame and this arrangement is common to other
frames.

Best regards,
Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa

> On 7 February 2014 07:43, RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
wrote:
> > For solving issue #346, HPACK padding, Roberto proposed to extend the
padding mechanism for DATA frames to HEADER and CONTINUATION frames.

> > I think that makes sense : we have only one padding mechanism. As such,
we have one central location for deciding whether padding is necessary in
regards of all the available information.