RE: Priority straw man

From: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 09:46:36 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
CC: Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
From my understanding, a good download order for resources is:
- Javascript first, one resource at a time, in document order;
- CSS
- Media, possibly in parallel, as with progressive encoding, this allows early partial rendering.

This means that a specific ordering is desirable, but it may not be the document order, in particular because there are good reasons to put the Javascripts at the end of the document.

So I think that this feature is important.

Hervé.