Re: UTF-8 in URIs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:08:04 +0100
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com>
CC: Gabriel Montenegro <Gabriel.Montenegro@microsoft.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Osama Mazahir <OSAMAM@microsoft.com>, Dave Thaler <dthaler@microsoft.com>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, Matthew Cox <macox@microsoft.com>
On 2014-01-15 21:54, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <CACuKZqF0oxcpJWYnDzzVSwzeJgQ4K18gZCynyYh0uJwY=4xHtA@mail.gmail.com>
> , Zhong Yu writes:
>
>> Can you give an example where an intermediary benefits from decoding
>> URI octets into unicodes?
>
> Not necessarily from converting them into unicodes, but normalising
> them using whatever rule we might prefer, so that cache-lookups
> will always find the same object, no matter how the URI was mangled
> with encodings.

Why do you need more normalization than you have right now?

/me confused