Re: why not WPAD?

Peter,

Without addressing your question specifically, who do you trust?  If the
information comes off DHCP do you trust the local network
administrator?  What if your device is mobile?  What if it's in
Starbucks?  If we're talking about DNS-based WPAD, perhaps a configured
domain that one trusts is more interesting, especially if you can play
proximity games...

Eliot