Re: intermediaries, implicit gzip, etags, no-transform

From: Michael Piatek <piatek@google.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:53:10 -0700
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> In the meantime, can you define what you consider a "real" site?

A site that breaks when using the data compression proxy that is not
contrived to do so.

>>> - setting "cache-control: no-transform" on the response, does not change
>>> this behavior, thus both seem to violate a "MUST NOT" requirement from
>>> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7230.html#rfc.section.5.7.2>

Actually, an example URL would be helpful for this case as well. In my
testing, I observe the proxy respecting the no-transform directive;
i.e., response payloads carrying cache-control: no-transform are not
modified, nor are the protected headers.