Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

"Since we cannot break in these situations, user installed root
CAs are given the authority to override pins."

Wouldn't browser manufacturers prefer to come up with a way to allow
proxies to operate that does not defeat the purpose of deploying pinned
certs? Wouldn't proxy vendors (often security companies) prefer not to slow
the pace of security improvements in web browsers? Accepting MITMs, and
taking the teeth out of security functionality in order to allow them to
continue to work, creates a stalemate situation where security
and usability cannot advance.

Isn't it the purpose of protocol designers to break this type of stalemate?

Peter