Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

I don't fully understand your email. From what I can tell, the main point
is that there are some subtle differences amongst trusted CAs for proxies
vs origin servers, and software should distinguish these. It may be true
that software can distinguish the differences here, but it may be very
difficult for end users to grok the differences.