Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

On 12/10/2013 12:44 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Sure. I'm thinking in terms of changes in browser behaviour (along
> the lines that some have already explored), not changing TLS, or even
> certs, necessarily.

But there is a problem here - as I understand it many root
stores have no controls over the protocols with which the
roots can be used so if you insert a new root then you will
also have affects on non-HTTP protocols that use TLS.

What I've not seen is anyone who's proposing such changes
(that do affect TLS) volunteering to do that analysis.
I'd say its not an easy piece of work but absolutely
necessary and it might well turn up a conclusion that
this is a bad idea globally.

S.