Re: I revised the pro/contra document

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but the "they can just use 1.1" argument is being used consistently
> to justify design choices for 2.0. That's just wrong.

I guess what I'm saying here is that yes, if you have an old device that
really can't handle TLS (and given that TLS runs on some pretty modest
devices, I'm skeptical), you can use HTTP/1.1.  It's not a big deal.  If
you're so constrained that you can't handle TLS, then you probably aren't
going to see much benefit from the other aspects of HTTP/2.0 either.

But I don't want to hold up progress on HTTP/2.0 for everyone because of a
very minority claim that legacy hardware performance is bad.

Anyway, I think the summary I put forth above had a lot more meat to it
than this minor, parenthetical comment about HTTP/1.1.  It might be more
fruitful to discuss that.

Mike