Re: New Version Notification for draft-snell-httpbis-keynego-01.txt

This approach definitely leaves room for some additional leakage.
Using the CONNECT tunnel approach described in the draft would address
at least *some* of this but even that is no where near a "complete"
answer".

Agreements negotiated with this model could be defined in such a way
as to introduce obfuscating factors, such as space and time padding,
out-of-sequence frames, etc) but you're absolutely right that there is
an increased risk.

Another potential risk factor is introduced by multiplexing. With
attacks like CRIME, part of the overall attack technique is to send
multiple slightly different requests over time, then statistically
analyzing the results. With TLS, we (at the very least) have the added
"benefit" that establishing each secured connection is relatively
expensive. That cost drops significantly when running over a
multiplexed connection.

- James