Re: A proposal

Folks won't rewrite for a new scheme until it is supported by all clients,
and that won't happen until there is sufficient (and by that I mean
overwhelming) demand for such.
... thus, a new scheme won't work as it is firmly in
chicken-and-egg territory, even in intranets :/

Happy eyeballs-like strategies either introduce latency or introduce
complexity, and sometimes both. For fun: which connection do you send any
particular request down?

HTTP/2 over :443 works just fine even with MITMs, as they will need to
terminate the TLS channel, which means that they can refuse to negotiate
HTTP/2 during the ALPN negotiation.

-=R