Re: HTTP 2.0 mandatory security vs. Amateur Radio

Le Jeu 14 novembre 2013 21:25, Roberto Peon a écrit :
> As I seem to be saying over and over...
>
> We can wish for plaintext http2 over the internet on port 80 as much as we
> want, but it won't happen since it is not reliable, and the nature of that
> unreliability is not predictable.
>
> Few websites will be willing to turn on http2 if it means losing 10-20% of
> their user base. And that really is what we are talking about.

You can be reliable from a technical point of view, that won't stop you
from being deliberately blocked if you try to bypass everyone else, and
once you're blocked we'll talk again about user base loss

You can't have it both ways, play alone and claim ubiquity.

--
Nicolas Mailhot