Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

[ trimming the CC list a little bit ]

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:57:45AM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Zhong Yu <zhong.j.yu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >It'll be too fun to contemplate attack factors from close family members.
>
> They aren't the risk, it's all the apps on their iOS and windows systems,
> which my family members install but have no concept of what they can do.
> Those devices have cameras, microphones, GPS.

Yes I explain that all the time to coworkers. I have a neighbour whose
Galaxy Tab something regularly tries to retrieve payload from malware
sites via my WiFi access and it provides open ports with HTTP servers
running on them! Most likely I can capture videos and sounds but I don't
know how. It would help me identify the victim at least, because due
to the beauty of WiFi you don't even know where the attacker is :-)

Willy