Re: Rough agenda for Vancouver

Hi Salvatore,

On 22/10/2013, at 12:44 AM, Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> the Proxy topic is missing on the current agenda.
>
> I would suggest to dedicate a 15/20minutes to talk about Proxy in 2.0
> and how the proxy features present in HTTP 1.1 will be mapped in 2.0
> for the 2.0 plain scenario but not only for it,
> This topic seems to fit in the first day slot

I strongly suspect that we're going to be digging pretty deeply into HTTP/2's notion of proxies as a result of the security work. However, if you have specific issues where HTTP/2 as specified isn't as functional as HTTP/1 *as specified* (NOTE: interception proxies are NOT specified in HTTP/1), please bring it up on-list and we can track it.

> There has been also some discussions/proposals about room for secured/trusted
> proxy, this should be more for the second day slot

I've broken down the encryption topic on the second day into two areas:

*  90 min - Encryption and HTTP/2
            - Optimistic Encryption
            - Accommodating Proxies

At this point, I'm inclined to put some very high-level slides together to guide the discussion, based upon all of the drafts in this area that we've seen so far (NOT present their contents; people should already have read them).

Current list of related drafts is now on the agenda:
  http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/agenda/agenda-88-httpbis

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/