Re: Nice

From: (wrong string) 陈智昌 <willchan@chromium.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:55:27 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Quick thoughts/questions:
* Do you expect browsers to set this at all? It's not obvious to me how my
browser would use this, so I probably wouldn't bother with it in my browser.
* It seems like for your intended use, the priority level is not just an
opaque level but would carry semantic meaning. If that's the case, I
suggest renaming the header accordingly to indicate the appropriate
semantic axis.
* Can you give an example of where this would be used in an open,
interoperable manner? I'd like to understand the use cases that motivate
introducing prioritization semantics at a protocol level rather than an out
of band mechanism (e.g. intermediaries might be coded to understand that
different URL endpoints have certain priority levels).