RE: Header Compression: Reference set choice

From: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 08:06:59 +0000
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I agree that this adds some complexity to the compression mechanism.

At the same time, I think that the complexity is rather limited on the implementation point of view. You're not required to add anything to the encoder, you have only a few lines to add to your decoder.

In addition, at runtime, using this can allow for some reduced complexity for the encoder, with only a small or no impact on the compaction side.

Hervé.