Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2 feedback

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 02:46:58 +1200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 31/07/2013 9:34 p.m., Julian Reschke wrote:
> Questions:

<snip>

> 5.2.2
>
> "Deployments with constrained resources (for example, memory) MAY
> employ flow control to limit the amount of memory a peer can consume.
> Note, however, that this can lead to suboptimal use of available
> network resources if flow control is enabled without knowledge of the
> bandwidth-delay product (see [RFC1323])."
>
> s/MAY/can/

I took this as being intentionally normative language. One participant
MAY use the feature therefore all participante MUST implement support
just in case it happens. With "can" there is no normative requirement on
the other participants to implement anything regarding flow control,
which would lead to harm for the participant needing it.

Amos