Re: HTTP router point-of-view concerns

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:41:11 +0000
To: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Sam Pullara <spullara@gmail.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <29B4ED34-8A7F-477F-AC80-47BC2205198F@checkpoint.com>, Yoav Nir writ
es:

>It's more than procedural. Whatever is wrong with the use of cookies to
>manage sessions is wrong in HTTP/1.x just as much as it is in /2.0.

Yes, that's why we should solve the problem in HTTP/2.0 and make the
protocol so good that people will desire to migrate because it is
simply better.

>Your proposal (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013JulSep/0284.html) includes prohibiting cookies on HTTP/2.0. This directly conflicts
> with this working group's goal [...]

You say that like those goals were god-given and imutable.

Maybe the reason why the current draft is so mediocre is that the goal
that was aimed at was just not the right one ?