Re: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-04

Martin,

On Jul 9, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My other comment is that I don't see any discussion of the Expect header,
>> nor do I see a issue on Github...
>
> There was a brief discussion at the last interim.  The feature is in
> serious jeopardy.  See #18:
> https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/18

Not much discussion there; adding my comments...

An alternative is to simply do away with it and have the server respond as soon as it wants with the 401 status - with flow control the client won't get too far ahead of the server, and with streams we don't have to deal with the expense of closing the connection and bringing a new one up (something that you need to do with HTTP/1.1 if Expect isn't supported by the server...)

Either way we should say something about it to give guidance/recommendations on HTTP/1.1 solutions that are adding support for HTTP/2.0...