Re: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-04

Jeff,

There is a long history of HTTP/1.1 servers that did not support Transfer-Encoding: chunked, and the PWG and others have spent a good 15 years harassing those (non-) implementors to get them to conform so we can do something other than print static files... :/

So whether or not we have MUSTs in the sentence, I think it is important to clearly identify the migration path from HTTP/1.1 chunking to HTTP/2.0 frames.  Making the jump from HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/2.0 will be a major effort for most vendors, and given past performance I'd like to avoid any ambiguous language that leads to implementation bugs and interoperability issues - it makes for some messy code when such mistakes are put in ROMs that can't be updated...