Re: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-04

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:40:24 -0700
To: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org list" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 9 July 2013 10:12, Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com> wrote:
> I am uncomfortable with this wording primarily because a lot of POST usage
> consists of streamed content - my particular interest is obviously printing,
> but any streamed content will necessarily not be able to provide a
> content-length header field. So instead I would suggest the following two
> paragraphs instead:

I think that your edits capture the spirit of what was intended by the
existing text, with far less ambiguity.  Unless I get objections,
those can be integrated.

> My other comment is that I don't see any discussion of the Expect header,
> nor do I see a issue on Github...

There was a brief discussion at the last interim.  The feature is in
serious jeopardy.  See #18:
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/18