Re: The document's address

On 8 March 2013 11:10, Nicholas Shanks <nickshanks@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am suggesting that HTTP's concept of "ownership" (for purposes of
> replacing cache entries) be defined by the specs to be hierarchical,
> since if I own / and I want to sabotage /subdir/ all I have to do is
> log in to the server and replace/delete it.

What about systems that don't rely on path based hierarchy?  Imagine a
system that treats each term in the path as a filter for a search
query?  Also, what about aliases of items in multiple locations?
CMS/Database driven websites that have ACLs per item?

It is a mistake to treat any part of the URI beyond the domain as
indicating hierarchy.

--
Eitan Adler