Re: HTTP/2 Header Encoding Status Update

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 01:16:16PM -0800, James M Snell wrote:
> Numeric values:
>
>   1. Numeric values are encoded as variable-length, unsigned integers.
"Big-endian" or "little-endian"?

I've seen some references which state that the MSBs go first, others
that say the LSBs go first. (Wikipedia led me down the MSB path, which
confused me at first.  Google's protocol buffers does LSBs first.)

Based on your date example, it appears you're doing LSBs first (though
the date example appears skewed by 123 seconds?).

You'll need to define the uvarint format -- a search for "unsigned
variable-length integers" comes up with a number of very different
encodings--not that they all call themselves "uvarint" but still...

I assume that the uvarint length will be capped in some way?  Is that
per-field or is there an overall cap?

--
Scott Schmit