Re: Do we kill the "Host:" header in HTTP/2 ?

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Adrien W. de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't stop there.
>
> * split querystring into individual tuples as well and put them in a
> querystring sub-section.

If you are talking about x-www-form-urlencoded query format, it is
very specific to HTML form submission. Not all server applications use
that format to construct queries. So it's inappropriate for HTTP to
pick it as *the* query format.

> * deprecate %encoding (no longer needed since nothing is parsed)

While %encoding sucks, many applications treat URIs as opaque char
sequences instead of structured data, so some escaping is unavoidable.

Zhong Yu