Re: WGLC review of p2-semantics (editorial stuff)

Got it. In the spec,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-21#section-8.2
> Additional header fields define metadata about the selected representation, which might differ from the representation included in the message for responses to some state-changing methods

So if the current representation has ETag=v1, and PUT sends a new
representation to which the server assigns ETag=v2, the response to
PUT may contain ETag of the old representation. (This was not in
RFC2616)

Except, if there's no representation before the PUT, the response must
be 201, and its ETag is of the new representation.

I have to say the meanings of headers are heavily overloaded.

Zhong