Re: WGLC review of p2-semantics (editorial stuff)

On 31.10.2012 00:19, Dan Winship wrote:
<snip>
>> 5.3.6. CONNECT
>
> Though obvious, it seems like for consistency's sake, this should end
> with:

It is not true though.

But a 3xx, 4xx, 5xx status response could be cacheable and desirably so
to prevent constant hammering of a gateway some hops upstream of the
client.

<snip>

>> 9.1.1. Procedure
>
>>    HTTP method registrations MUST include the following fields:
>
> Should "cacheability" be an explicit field (rather than just a
> required part of the specification text)?

We discussed that earlier and it was decided that cacheability depended
on too many variables to set in stone like that. It is better to allow
for conditions and special case descriptions in the method definition,
even if it is "always cacheable" or "never cacheable" for many methods.

Amos