Re: New Version Notification for draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-00.txt

On 14.06.2012 04:33, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 08:20:12AM -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>
>> If the client retries the request, it might indeed work again --
>> depending
>> > on what network path they're using, etc. That's why all of the
>> > intermediation-focused errors are in 5xx.
>> >

>> Hm?  Surely the expectation would be the opposite; legislative/legal
>> changes typically have timeframes measured in years or at the
>> quickest
>> months.   -T
>
> I agree Tim. In my opinion it's just like a "403 forbidden" with a
> specific
> reason for this being administratively forbidden.
>
> Willy

Would these types of differentiation between reasons for rejection be a
good case for Warning: codes on a 403 response?

ie
  Warning: ... Legal Restriction
  Warning: ... Local administrative policy
  Warning: ... Authentication failed too many times. Your account is now
closed

The body of 403 can as easily contain the legal disclaimer text as any
other 4xx code.

AYJ