Re: New Version Notification for draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-00.txt

Yeah, if you look at RFC2616 sections 10.4 (4xx) and 10.5 (5xx), you can
make a good case that it doesn’t belong in either.   I just don’t believe
you can make a bullet-proof argument for either range.

The reasons I currently favor 4xx are:

- Lots of client software simply tries to sweep 5xx errors under the carpet
(“Something went terribly wrong upstream, don’t bother your pretty little
head”)
- I liked the value 451

-T