Re: breaking TLS (Was: Re: multiplexing -- don't do it)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@...> writes:

> Is it clear that the corp IT guy is really benefiting from the MITM? I'm
> not saying they are not benefiting, but I've not seen the evidence.

Are you serious?

Take any IT net-zine, they post every few weeks about another corp getting
infected with various malware, and how much it is costing them

Compared to the cost of one such incident, passing smtp and http traffic through
an anti-malware gateway is as cheap as it gets (yes it is not perfect, but it's
a lot more reliable than praying every computer on the internal network is
properly secured)