Re: issue 325: When are Location's semantics triggered?, was: Protocols/APIs and redirects

On 14/12/2011, at 6:47 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Cameron Heavon-Jones wrote:
>
>>> I'm VERY sure that browsers automatically follow a 302 + Location upon page navigation, no matter whether there's a payload or not.
>>
>> I don't think there's anything else?
>
> For the fun of it I just now fired off Chrome and Firefox against a 302 with content and they redirected automatically. curl also works the same way.
>
> The CGI interface used with for example Apache even inserts contents by itself and that has not caused a problem to browsers for a very long time, neither on POST nor GET responses.
>
> Something is seriously wrong with the tests if they come to another conclusion.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

I'm more that willing to accept if there is some fallibility in the tests and its great that there is validation. I'm seriously unsure where such error may be since i've been tracing http request\responses through in-browser network tools. i'm going to repeat capturing whats on the wire instead and if i still can't find the same results i'll setup a public test case which everyone can use.

thanks,
cam