Re: API Rate Limits and HTTP Code [#255]

On 13.11.2010 02:04, Adrien de Croy wrote:
> Is this Refresh header (which isn't in HTTP, so surely should be
> X-Refresh?) legit? Is it supported?

Well, it's widely implemented, just not registered. Prefixing with "X-"
wouldn't help; "X-" isn't special for message headers.

As far as I can tell, the right thing to do is to write a short Internet
Draft specifying the syntax and the semantics and registering it. Bonus
points for discussing alternate approaches (Retry-After, Redirects), and
the connection to HTML...

Best regards, Julian

PS: I'm glad to help with the formatting if an IETF "newbie" wants to
give this a try...