Re: API Rate Limits and HTTP Code [#255]

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 08:26:22AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Well, it used to be silently supported in many browsers for a long
> time, maybe since Netscape 2 or 3. I think it started with the HTML
> "meta http-equiv" tags where we used to see it. I think that by
> extension they supported it in HTTP headers.

Interestingly, it's been discussed "here" a long time ago :

  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/ange/archives/archives-96/http-wg-archive/1656.html
  http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/ange/archives/archives-96/http-wg-archive/1657.html

And apparently it was introduced in Netscape 1.1 :

  http://web.archive.org/web/20080412204810/http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/pushpull.html

Regards,
Willy