Issue 39, was: Issues addressed by the -10 drafts

On 22.07.2010 14:56, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> The editors believe that the following issues have been addressed by the -10 round of drafts. See<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/report/15>  for details; barring objections, they'll be closed soon.

Hi,

we just figured out that an addition to P4 in -10 may allow us to close
issue 39 as well:

2.1. Example: Entity Tags varying on Content-Negotiated Resources

    Consider a resource that is subject to content negotiation (Section 4
    of [Part3]), and where the representations returned upon a GET
    request vary based on the Accept-Encoding request header field
    (Section 5.3 of [Part3]):

    >> Request:

      GET /index HTTP/1.1
      Host: www.example.com
      Accept-Encoding: gzip

    In this case, the response may use the gzip Content Coding or not.
    If it does, it might look like that:

    >> Response:

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK