Re: Clarification on use of Content-Location header

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Henrik Nordström wrote:

> Something along the lines of http proxies may act as gateways for non-http
> URIs such as ftp:// or gopher:// translating http operations on such URIs to
> appropriate actions in their respective protocol.

Yes. Ideally, it could also say something that proxies MAY deal with them and
that if they decide to deal with them, they actually still speak HTTP even if
the URL it passes on is another protocol.

In reality, it tends to mean that nothing but GET works, even if I've heard of
HTTP proxies that actually support ftp upload using PUT!

--

  / daniel.haxx.se