Re: In support of sending fragment IDs to the server (issue #43)

What's the difference between using a fragment in the URI and just using
a querystring, or another parameter in the querystring?

If the request is going to hit the server, there are existing mechanisms
to pass arguments.  I thought the whole point of the fragment was to
avoid hitting the server.

Letting it go through to the server has big implications for
intermediaries, especially caches.

So my vote is to leave it as it is.