Re: requested resource / entity / representation / variant again..

On 24/07/2009, at 8:57 AM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> fre 2009-07-24 klockan 08:34 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:
>> Regarding 'requested resource', would it be better if we used
>> 'targeted resource' consistently?
>
> I can¨t really comment on that before we have had a serious
> terminology
> discussion as it's not at all helpful going around changing one term
> at
> a time. But I think I prefer requested resource over targeted resource
> assuming it intends to mean the same thing (Request-URI).

Request-uri is now request-target; I suggested that term to reflect
that, as well as avoid the resource vs respresentation confusion that
"requested" brings about.

Regarding having a serious terminology discussion - of course it needs
to be considered as a whole, but we have to start somewhere. We've had
these issues on our list for quite some time and have only made stop
and start progress so far; I'm hopeful that next week will be an
opportunity to make more significant inroads.

> Related to this there also needs some explanatory text describing why
> operations operating on an URI as such like PUT/DELETE and content
> negotiation do not mix very well.

I think that depends on how #69 goes...