Re: Content Sniffing impact on HTTPbis - #155

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
> * Adam Barth wrote:
>>I'd like to incorporate your feedback into the draft, but the above is
>>too vague for me to act upon.  Are there specific statements you'd
>>like me to revise?
>
> A good start would be including detailed rationale for the parts that
> contradict other specifications or are otherwise obscure.

For which parts would you like a more detailed rationale?  It's hard
for me to guess which parts you think are obscure.

> I would make
> suggestions, but I have a hard time following the document at all;

How can I make the document clearer?

> pick one problem, section two defines an algorithm, but I could not
> find how and where that algorithm is supposed to be relevant.

The document defines algorithms for extracting information from the
Content-Type.  That algorithm, in particular, extracts the charset
attribute from the Content-Type header.  The algorithm is intended to
be reference by other specifications, such as HTML 5, which need to
determine the charset attribute of the Content-Type header is a manner
compatible with existing web content.

Is there some way I could change the I-D to make this more clear?

I'm not trying to be obtuse.  Your feedback is just not very actionable.

Adam