Re: IRIs, IDNAbis, and HTTP [i74]

Martin Duerst wrote:

>> I guess you mean something more sophisticated like BCP 113.

> No idea what BCP 113, RFC 4333, "The IETF Administrative
> Oversight Committee (IAOC) Member Selection Guidelines and
> Process" has to do with UTF-8 or iso-8859-1.

Nor me, lack of caffeine or something.  My next attempt was
RFC 5237, but BCP 37 "IANA Allocation Guidelines for the
Protocol Field" also isn't related to UTF-8 and iso-8859-1.

Eventually I tried RFC 5137 arriving at BCP 137:  "ASCII
Escaping of Unicode Characters".  That is what I wanted :-)

Using hex. NCRs for Link titles might be a good idea, after
all they are also supposed to work in the link attributes
of link elements.  But I'm worried about picking different
techniques depending on the header field.

 Frank