PROCESS: Tracking design issues under discussion

On 14/02/2008, at 11:16 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I didn't even know the issue was considered as having a specific
> resolution
> until after the changeset was received.  [We really should have a
> separate
> status for that in trac.]

That would be nice, but the current version of Trac doesn't support
this; custom workflows will be available in .11, which I'm hoping will
be final and on the IETF tools site soon.

Also, while doing it in Trac is convenient for me and the editors, it
doesn't really improve visibility for the rest of the WG. It's
important that discussion and decisions be made on the list, not in
the tools.

So, I'm going to try doing the following:
   1) linking the issues that are being considered for closure on our
wiki page <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/wiki/WikiStart>,
and
   2) recording *mature* proposals in the issues list, and
   3) highlighting potential closures to design issues with a distinct
Subject line, and
   4) sending a weekly status e-mail to the list.

Feedback as to whether any of these help, as well as additional
suggestions, welcome.