Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

On 9 jun 2008, at 12.00, Gervase Markham wrote:

> The following email message will shortly be sent to the technical
> contact for all TLDs. Yngve Pettersen at Opera suggested that I also
> let
> you both know about it.

The problem with any such mechanisms is that the barrier of entry for
new players (that does not match the currently used list -- including
non-upgraded software) is increased. More than what people think.

When we added TLDs with more characters than three, we had problems.
Now we will with lists like these have similar problems again.
Specifically as we are on the edge of getting new TLDs etc etc (IDN
related issues, if nothing else).

This is already described in RFC 3696, Section 2.

    Patrik