Re: Sketch of a very simple identification protocol

Hi Lisa!

With a calendar vocabulary, it should be easy to add a relation to
foaf, find an existing one, or create one that in N3/Turtle would look
like this:

@prefix : <http://lisa.org/ont/cal#> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

:calendar a owl:ObjectProperty;
     rdfs:label "calendar location";
     rdfs:domain foaf:Agent;
     rdfs:range :Calendar;
     rdfs:comment "relates an agent to its calendar".

:Calendar a owl:Class;
     rdfs:subClassOf foaf:Document;
     rdfs:label "a Calendar";
     rdfs:comment """a calendar document. Should be able to return one
of a number of calendar representations""" .

It would then be easy to add to your foaf file the link to your
calendar. In N3 again you could have the following in your foaf file

@prefix cal: <http://lisa.org/ont/cal#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix lisa: <http://lisa.org/#> .

lisa:me a foaf:Person;
     foaf:name "Lisa Dusseault";
     foaf:homepage <http://lisa.org/> ;
     foaf:blog <http://nih.blogspot.com/> ;
     cal:calendar <http://lisa.org/cal/>;
     foaf:knows [ = <http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me>;
                  foaf:name "Henry Story" ].

( With RDFa [2] this could also be embedded as html in your home page. )

I am missing out the link to your GPG key and the other fun stuff that
you could link to in there. In order to avoid making the file too big
it may be useful as on a web page to cut some of it up of course, and
cross link between them. In any case it is then easy to publish the
foaf file, in a RESTful manner as I did [1], and you have a foaf name
that can return representations of where your calendar is.

Now I can imagine that with a protocol such as the sketched RDFAuth
you could allow access to a full view of your calendar only to people
you know or to the people who know people you know, or to the people
who are part of a certain organization, as specified by that org. It
is up to you. All you need to know is their unique id [3]: and why not
have a URL as ID. As you point out, we all have easy access to the web.

Henry

PS. You may also be interested in the SIOC (Semantically Interlinked
Online Communities) vocabulary. http://sioc-project.org/

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/i_have_a_foaf_file
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/
[3] The fun thing is that this also makes drag and drop across
applications and computers really easy. see: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/universal_drag_and_drop